Well, I immediately regretted canceling my old blog. I didn't realize how connected it kept me with my family. So the Hancocks are back in our new blog. In case you couldn't figure out the reasoning behind our blog address, it is the first two letters of each of our names. I am sure you all read my Christmas letter and know that we are now living in a TLF on Mountain Home AFB. The TLF is not bad. It is really old but aside from that is pretty nice. We have two large bedrooms. Living room and a kitchen that is nicely stocked with dishes, pots and pans. Our dogs are even quite cozy. The TLF's used to not allow pets and in the last two years started offering pet friendly TLF's. YEAH!!!
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and new year celebration. We were fortunate enough to spend Christmas with family. We drove to Reno and stayed with Tom's parents. Christmas morning was spent with Tom's parents, and his sister's sweet little family. Our kids had a blast opening all there presents and playing all day everyday until we went home on December 31st. That is when the real fun began. Sunday night (Dec 31st) my eyes started burning really bad. Tom's mom had been diagnosed with pink eye two days after we got to Reno so it didn't take a genius to figure out what was going on. I went to the emergency room first thing in the morning on the 1st. Sure enough I had pink eye in both eyes. I also had an awful head cold and sore throat but stupid me only had the doctor check me for pink eye. Well, Saturday morning Tom's throat hurt so bad he went to the emergency room and he tested positive for strep throat. The doctor was nice enough to give him a bottle of antibiotics for me too since he had just seen me on Monday and new I was sick too. Tom came home and took a nap while
Well, that is our new year story. Hope yours is less eventful. Miss you all!!!
Love,
ToMiAmTo
2 comments:
Well that is a heck of a way to start off the new year! I am so thrilled you are blogging again - it helps us stay connected to you all! I hope you all are healthy now!
love, jen
I liked your other blog better, I didn't have to sign up and give all this information. Anyway....
I am glad you opened another blog, it is a great way to keep up to date on things going on in your life. Which brings me to...why does it seem that these things just happen to you and your family! You had me laughing so hard because I could just picture Tom rolling over with his eye stuck! Hope you all are doing much better now that you've had a few days on some meds.
Can't wait to see you all.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment